Friday, June 20, 2014

Subnetting Table & Technique

Hello all,

As if you hadn't already seen a million videos and read a million articles on how to subnet... here's my take on it and some of the techniques and charts I created and used in my exam prep.

Subnetting Chart




Also... I forgot to talk about this in the video, but there's a cool technique I learned in the ICND1 book put out by Cisco Press (written by Wendell Odom) where you can get the subnet multiplier by simply taking the value in the last octet and subtracting it from 256.  So if you have a mask of 255.255.255.192 then you can simply... 256-192=64... so the subnet multiplier is 64; so our subnets are 0, 64, 128, 192.  If you are given a /26, then you'll just have to convert it to the .192 first then subtract it from 256.


View my profile on LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment